Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing Nine

Thing Nine – United Streaming

United Streaming has been frustrating for me. First, it has been more trouble than helpful. What I mean by this is that I have spent an exorbitant amount of time trying to find things that would be useful and helpful to a lesson. When I finally did find one (a pretty lame one on grammar, but I figured I’d give it a shot), I couldn’t actually get it to work in front of the class. Frustrating, to say the least. I’ll give it another go, I think, but I don’t’ know how useful it’s going to be to me. Navigating to find things that are useful seems like it should be much easier than it actually is.

2 comments:

betsy.whalen said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience - unitedstreaming is definitely meant to make your life easier, not harder! I would love to chat with you either via phone or email to see if I can provide you with some quick tips that will hopefully help you find exactly what you need.

Please send me an email at betsy.whalen@discovery.com with a time that is convenient for you to talk -- I'd love to hear more about some of the things you are doing in the classroom as well - your blog is great!

Sincerely,

Betsy Whalen
Dir, Marketing
Discovery Education

Karen said...

Wow, that is quite impressive that you got a note from Unitedstreaming! I hope you can get some useful tips.